About Botulinum Protein / Botox

Botulinum Toxin, popularly known as Botox, is a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.

By injecting minimal amounts of the toxin into specific facial muscles, the impulse is blocked and, temporarily, the muscle becomes weaker and reduces the wrinkling of the skin, giving it a more youthful and rested appearance.

Read more on our Blog about the application of botulinum protein in men.

Book your appointment!

Our work

Have a question? Contact us!

289 397 229

289 397 229

Tem uma questão? Contacte-nos!

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Botox?

Botulinum toxin, popularly known as “botox”, is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. By injection, in very small amounts, into specific facial muscles, only the impulse that guides this muscle will be blocked, causing local relaxation. In this way, botulinum toxin acts as a blockage of the underlying musculature of unwanted lines.

Who can use Botox?

Botulinum toxin has aesthetic and therapeutic indications for the treatment of gingival smile, bruxism, facial and lip asymmetries, and also to attenuate wrinkles and expression marks on the face and neck.

What about the effect of the injections?

The mince is minimal and not painful.

The effect appears between the fourth and the fifth day, and the final result in 14 days, and last from three to five months according to the patient, on average 4 months.

Is there a risk of getting too "stretched"?

Botulinum toxin, when applied by trained professionals with years of experience and updates in congresses and workshops, will hardly bring artificial results.

Is it true that the eyebrow can "rise" after application?

It is true. Whoever has a drooping eyebrow can benefit, but not all patients can improve the eyebrow with the application of botulinum toxin.

Who can administer it?

Type A toxin should be administered only by professionals with proven competence and experience in this type of treatment.

After a while the body “gets used” and loses effect, is it true?

That is not true. Very rare cases in which the organism becomes resistant to the effects are reported. You can safely use it with a minimum interval of 3 months.

Isn’t that clear?

Ask us your question, we will be happy to answer with all the necessary details.