With Fotona, laser treatment in dentistry is already a reality
At the Atelier do Sorriso, in Almancil, in the Algarve, Portugal.
Gone are the days when a trip to the dentist was synonymous with pain and fear. With medicine advancing and technology growing, new advances have emerged. Now a dental treatment can be quite simple, fast, painless, and the advent of lasers has proven that.
The use of lasers in the dentist’s daily routine allows you to optimize your dental procedures. Laser intervention is more precise and specific than a conventional intervention.
From orthodontics to endodontics, periodontology, or oral surgery, lasers are now an important ally for dentists, allowing them to perform various procedures without anesthesia and pain.
The word LASER is an acronym for “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission Radiation”. There are three types of lasers in Dentistry that are essentially used: diode, neodymium, and erbium.
Currently, laser technology is a fundamental tool in dentistry, and we, at Atelier do Sorriso, use the most renowned, Fotona!
The laser, when correctly applied, helps provide patients with innovative treatments in all specialties of dentistry, both soft tissue, and hard tissue. It brings immense benefits to the patient and is proof of advances in technology and dentistry.
Some of the advantages of using lasers in dentistry:
- Precise and thorough treatment of early caries without a burr;
- Without resorting to anesthesia;
- It can be used in several areas of dentistry;
- Reduces procedure duration;
- In minor soft tissue surgery, it reduces bleeding and helps the clotting process;
- Accelerates the postoperative healing process;
- Less painful postoperative period;
- No scars or sutures;
- Bacterial infections are minimal because the laser sterilizes the intervention site;
- It can be used in medicated patients;
- Painless and therefore more captivating treatment for children or people afraid to go to the dentist.
Some examples of where we can apply laser in dentistry:
- Caries treatments/ Preparation of cavities;
- Sterilization / Preparation for sealants;
- Preparation of enamel to receive fissure sealants;
- Tooth sensitivity;
- Coronary Enlargement;
- Gingival smile;
- Fibrosis removal;
- Removal of thrush and herpes;
- Canine exposure surgeries included;
- Removal of tongue injuries;
- Teeth grinding;
- Disinfection of dental canals;
- Acceleration of orthodontic treatment;
- Decreased pain after removal of wisdom teeth;
- Treatment of post-surgical paresthesia;
- Tooth whitening and stain removal;
- Canker sores and herpes.
In dentistry, we treat lesions in the oral cavity, preserving as many healthy structures as possible. To comply with the principles of minimally invasive dentistry, it is necessary to take full advantage of the available knowledge and technologies, such as laser.
With enormous advantages, it is increasingly sought after by patients. Both children and adults can enjoy the benefits of lasers, with advice from their dentist.
At Atelier do Sorriso in Almancil, Portugal, we seek to bring the best safety, comfort, and professionalism to our patients.
With the use of the Fotona Laser, we want to offer countless benefits for dental treatments and procedures, and in this way, we want to ensure a more pleasant visit to the dentist with better-than-expected results.